[TriLUG] Steering Committee Elections - Bill Farrow

Bill Farrow bill at arrowsreach.com
Wed May 2 18:04:48 EDT 2012

Hi,
The TriLUG Steering Committee Elections are coming up at our May
Meeting next week, and I have decided to put my hand up to run for a
second term.  Serving on the TriLUG Steering Committee has been a
great experience, I would highly recommend it to anyone who is
thinking about taking a more active role.

You probably know me as the guy with that funny "down under" accent
who introduces the speakers at meetings.

My current roll on the SC is Public Relations Officer.  This role has
the following responsibilities:
  * Promote Meetings
    - obtain synopses and bio for the upcoming meeting
    - send meeting announcements and reminders to TriLUG lists
    - send invitations to other groups who might be interested in a
particular topic
  * Respond to queries and emails, or delegate to the appropriate officer

I don't know how I got the job, but I have also been processing the
new membership forms, issuing cards, and creating user accounts on
pilot.

Beyond this, I have instigated the Hack Day's in an attempt to
encourage more participation and interaction within our membership.
If you haven't been able to attend one of these yet, don't worry,
there will be more...

This next year brings new challenges: we need to keep our pipeline
full with great presentations, cultivate more sponsorship, and secure
a new meeting location.

Fun times ahead :-)  Vote for me !

Bill Farrow