[TriLUG] Have a job: Solutions Architect at NetApp

David Black dave at jamsoft.com
Thu May 3 15:45:41 EDT 2012

This is a somewhat difficult-to-title position, but I'll describe the gist of it. First, a direct link to the posting, and I am the hiring manager:

https://careers.netapp.com/1033/asp/tg/cim_jobdetail.asp?jobId=256783&PartnerId=25093&SiteId=5100&type=mail&JobReqLang=1&recordstart=1&JobSiteId=5100&JobSiteInfo=256783_5100&gqid=0

This position has to do with developing packaged/templated applications - groups of VMs, often combined with physical components, in a self-serve orchestrated Cloud. I feel the kind of person who'd most enjoy it will have an intermediate software development background, is experienced in the build/test/release/revise process, and has multi-OS sysadmin and strong networking skills. It does not involve direct customer contact; it is an enabling position primarily for NetApp and channel partner Systems Engineers, for their self-education and conducting of customer demos. The group is actively growing, so adaptability and a naturally collaborative, creative personality are essential. It's an on-site position at NetApp's RTP campus, and only local candidates are currently being considered.

Off-list only please, I will reply to straightforward questions. You can also apply at the above site; I cannot apply for you. For anyone who thinks to email a copy of your resume/CV - feel free, but you're likely to receive a response only if something catches my eye or I otherwise want to encourage you to apply.

Cheers,
Dave