[TriLUG] Business ERP question

Dave Moody davethebald at yahoo.com
Wed May 9 07:50:36 EDT 2012

Hello all - does anyone have any experience with an ERP system they could recommend?  I have a client who is being dragged kicking and screaming into the 20th century.  They have finally agreed to retire their Wang system (I kid you not), and put in their first server last year.  They now have one at each location providing mirror backups.  1980 is right around the corner

They have decided to hire an IT person full time and, of course, that person will have a say in what system is purchased, but they also want options.  This is a small company, 2 locations, 130 people total, performing electronic assembly work.  Would love a Unix system, but will consider the other  options.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Dave