[TriLUG] Steering Committee Elections - Bill Farrow

Justis Peters justis.peters at gmail.com
Thu May 10 16:41:07 EDT 2012

On 05/02/2012 06:04 PM, Bill Farrow wrote:
> Hi,
> The TriLUG Steering Committee Elections are coming up at our May
> Meeting next week, and I have decided to put my hand up to run for a
> second term.  Serving on the TriLUG Steering Committee has been a
> great experience, I would highly recommend it to anyone who is
> thinking about taking a more active role.
>
> You probably know me as the guy with that funny "down under" accent
> who introduces the speakers at meetings.
>
> My current roll on the SC is Public Relations Officer.  This role has
> the following responsibilities:
>    * Promote Meetings
>      - obtain synopses and bio for the upcoming meeting
>      - send meeting announcements and reminders to TriLUG lists
>      - send invitations to other groups who might be interested in a
> particular topic
>    * Respond to queries and emails, or delegate to the appropriate officer
>
> I don't know how I got the job, but I have also been processing the
> new membership forms, issuing cards, and creating user accounts on
> pilot.
>
> Beyond this, I have instigated the Hack Day's in an attempt to
> encourage more participation and interaction within our membership.
> If you haven't been able to attend one of these yet, don't worry,
> there will be more...
>
> This next year brings new challenges: we need to keep our pipeline
> full with great presentations, cultivate more sponsorship, and secure
> a new meeting location.
>

> Fun times ahead :-)  Vote for me !

I would like to explicitly endorse Bill Farrow for Steering Committee.
He is an inspiration to us all and a powerhouse of activity. Just about
the time that I was expecting we would need to pick the up slack for
him, seeing as he has a newborn baby, he kicked it up a notch. Much of
my time as Chair has involved getting out of Bill's way and cheering him on.

Vote for Bill Farrow.

Kind regards,
Justis Peters