[TriLUG] Screen Recording Software

Steve Litt slitt at troubleshooters.com
Sun May 13 14:04:37 EDT 2012

On Sun, 13 May 2012 12:33:24 -0400
Jack Hill <jackhill at jackhill.us> wrote:

> On Sun, 13 May 2012 11:41:04 -0400
> Steve Litt <slitt at troubleshooters.com> wrote:

[clip]

> > Does anyone know of a non-KDE equivalent?

[clip]

> Out of curiosity why are you looking for a non-KDE equivalent? Is
> kdelibs too big?

Here's the best explanation I can give:

http://www.troubleshooters.com/lpm/201202/201202.htm

On the surface, this document looks like a criticism of one app: Kmail.
But look deeper and you see my general problems with all of KDE, which I
view as an acronym for Krash, Delay, Expand.

I know other peoples' mileage varies, with a lot of people enjoying
flawless productivity with KDE, but speaking for myself, I'll never let
one bit of KDE back on my system ever again.

By the way, I'm not real fond of Gnome or Unity either. More and more
I'm becoming an LXDE man.

SteveT