[TriLUG] Astronomy Days

Bill Farrow bill at arrowsreach.com
Tue May 15 10:46:59 EDT 2012

Astronomy Days at the Museum of Natural Sciences in Raleigh is on this
weekend.  Last year I volunteered at the NC Nearspace Balloon table,
where we talked to families and kids about sending stuff into space
using helium balloons.

http://naturalsciences.org/programs-events/astronomy-days-0

I'm sure we have some astronomy buffs in our group.

If we could arrange for a table at next years Astronomy Days event to
promote Open Source astronomy software, would TriLUG members be
willing to man the table in shifts and talk to people about OSS (you
will get free entry too) ?  This could be a great way to get kids
excited about OSS because they can take home a disk or URL postcard
and explore space at home.

Yay or Nay ?

Bill