[TriLUG] Astronomy Days

R Radford rradford at mindspring.com
Tue May 15 13:49:21 EDT 2012

> ... would TriLUG members be willing ... you will get free entry too...

Volunteering at Astronomy Days (or any event at the museum of Natural
Sciences) is always fun and a worth cause, so I don't want to
undermine that.  I will be volunteering for Astronomy Days again this
year - about my 7th year in a row - and have really enjoyed it.

But I wanted to clarify the comment about free entry - the museum is
always open to the public with free entry to almost the entire museum
(including the new NRC - Nature Research Center), even if you don't
volunteer there.  However, to be fair to Bill, it is true that the
museum does have a special exhibit area that they allow for temporary
exhibits that do charge money, but that is the exception (and is in
one room on the 3rd floor). Even the NASA special exhibit area is free
and open to the public.

And if you haven't seen the new NRC, you should definitely stop by to
look - it is an impressive addition to the museum (more than doubles
the size of the museum).

If you do decide to visit this year (Saturday and Sunday this coming
weekend), stop by and say hi - I will be the guy outside with the
compressed air bottle rocket exhibit.

http://astronomydays.org/