[TriLUG] [OT] Time Warner Cable - new modem problems

Jim Ray jim at neuse.net
Fri Jun 8 05:12:15 EDT 2012

We now live on edge of Cary near Apex and had our TW cable constantly drop shortly after DOCSIS3 "upgrade." All the King's horses and all the King's men couldn't put connection together again. I even switched to AT&T Uverse yet found it was incompatible with block of static IP and conventional router.

The fix was to get more expensive and faster level of service from TW. Go figure. How much you wanna bet they planned it that way?

Sent from my iPhone