[TriLUG] [OT] Time Warner Cable - new modem problems

Jason Sullivan jason0x21 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 8 09:35:47 EDT 2012

On Thu, Jun 7, 2012 at 10:12 PM, Jeremy Portzer <jeremyp at pobox.com> wrote:
> Here's the background.  A couple of weeks ago Time Warner told us that they
> were going to be upgrading their service, and we should get a new modem.
>  So, we took the old one back to the store and exchanged it, for no charge.
>  We brought it home, and when we plugged it up correctly, it worked.
> But only for a little while.

What kind of cable modem is it?  Is it one of those wee "uBee" ones,
or is it one of the slightly more hefty Thomson RCA DCM 425s?  The
tech that came to install my system called the uBees "trash".

uBee: http://www.ubeeinteractive.com/index.php/products/product-overview/docsis_2.0_modem/

DCM425: http://www.fixya.com/support/p286148-rca_dcm425_digital_cable_modem_rcadcm425

--
Jason Sullivan