[TriLUG] copying files

Ron Kelley rkelleyrtp at gmail.com
Wed Jun 20 09:12:50 EDT 2012

I will throw out another option here.  If you have lots of directories to scan, you may find the GNU "parallel" command to be better than xargs.  I use this quite often when we have lots of similar tasks to run in parallel (gzip files, rsync directories, etc).  Check it out here:  http://www.gnu.org/software/parallel/

Thanks,

Ron Kelley
rkelleyrtp at gmail.com