[TriLUG] copying files

Joseph Mack NA3T jmack at wm7d.net
Fri Jun 22 11:56:55 EDT 2012

On Fri, 22 Jun 2012, Alan Porter wrote:

> What I can't quite figure out is...
>
> Everyone on the list is saying "just try rsync-over-ssh",
> and you're responding with "rsyncing an SSHFS is slow".

what can I say? I didn't understand Alexy's and Jeff's point
and didn't understand the difference. mea culpa.

> Have you actually TRIED rsync-over-ssh?

I did try it but ssh on the other end is on another port and
I couldn't figure out the syntax for an alternate port. With
rsync over sshfs working I just dropped rsync over ssh.

> How did it fare?

let me get onto it

Joe