[TriLUG] OT: thermodynamics of A/C question

Neil L. Little nllittle at embarqmail.com
Fri Jun 22 17:30:18 EDT 2012

Older homes have whole house fans that do just that, remove those BTUs
by creating a negative pressure to draw air from cooler locations.

The modern version of that would be to air from a buried culvert. Maybe
take the fan out of the picture altogether by using a solar stack which
is really just a cupola with vents at the top of the house. The phrase
for all this is passive solar cooling.

73,

Neil Little, WA4AZL