[TriLUG] OT: thermodynamics of A/C question

Craig Cook cncook001 at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 25 09:40:31 EDT 2012

If you are interested in saving cooling and heating costs this project may be of interest.

DIY Zoning

http://diy-zoning.sourceforge.net/

From what I have worked out this project is in transition.  The original version has been working fine but hardware has dated.  The author is actively developing a new version.  Android + arduino based.

There is a google group associated with this project:

https://groups.google.com/forum/?fromgroups#!forum/home-climate-control

Another tip: my employer has a commercial system that turns on sprinklers after the outside temperate gets to certain point.  Our A/C units get sprayed with water to help them cool.  I have not worked out how do this at my house yet ;)

Craig