[TriLUG] Windows NFS?

David Brain dbrain at gmail.com
Wed Jul 18 12:27:35 EDT 2012

For Win2k8 it's fairly straightforward. I've done it, it works (depending
on your definition of the word 'work', throughput doesn't seem to be one of
it's strong points).

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc753302(v=ws.10).aspx

You can then access 'shares' with the nfs format path
'server:/path/to/share'

The only think I've hit is that it's a 'share' to windows not a mounted
drive, so it's visibility is limited to the user that mounts it - which can
be problematic for services. It tends to use the 'nfsnobody' user, so you
may have to mess with the permissions on the Linux end.

David.

You'd only need the client end of this