[TriLUG] TWC Cable Modem requirement for +30Mbps

Keith Woodie kwoodie at gmail.com
Thu Jul 19 09:34:15 EDT 2012

When I changed over to the higher broadband plan I got the ubee router
(btw don't use as your main wireless access point.... truly poor
performance and connectivity over time).  I use the ubee router in
"Bridge" mode (just like a standard modem) and have a Apple Airport
Extreme handling my wireless.

I have heard there is a Motorola DOCSIS 3.0 router that Time Warner
installs occasionally which provides wireless + the rock solid
surfboard modem performance, but I don't have it nor have I seen it.

Keith Woodie