[TriLUG] TWC Cable Modem requirement for +30Mbps

Steve Pinkham steve.pinkham at gmail.com
Tue Jul 24 11:27:59 EDT 2012

On 07/19/2012 12:15 PM, Ron Kelley wrote:
> 	• Put the device into Bridge Mode (Hidden Menu)
>http://192.168.100.1/TlModeChange.asp
> 		• user: user  password: user

Sorry for resurrecting this thread, but many of the modems have a
changed password now and I saw someone mentioning this didn't work.

First, before it's in bridge more, the router will be on 192.168.1.1,
and it auto-changes to 192.168.100.1 when you swat to bridge mode.

Also, the passwords have changed on many routers.  Mine also used to be
user:user, but has recently changed to the last 8 digits of my MAC
address(letters in upper case) for a username, and c0nf1gur3m3 for a
password.  If this is true on your router, the bridge mode menu is no
longer hidden either with that password.

See this page for some other reports if that doesn't work:

http://jaredwatkins.com/wordpress/2011/01/putting-the-ubee-cable-modem-from-time-warner-in-bridge-mode/).

--
 | Steven Pinkham, Security Consultant    |
 | http://www.mavensecurity.com           |