[TriLUG] Other cheap tiny devices.

John Mitchell john280z at gmail.com
Fri Jul 27 17:47:02 EDT 2012

More popular (board/CPU) = more/better Instructions.
Board introduced this week = very few instructions or easy to install
distro.

   Right now I'd say go with the Raspberries. 4 or 5 Linux distros ready to
load in to a SD card and
many web sites with instructions. 1, 2, 3 and you're booting Linux.
   Otherwise you may get bogged down in compiling the tools to build the
Linux
distro to then install it then to find out it needs 4 patches
to actually run everything on the board.
   (this assumes you want to do stuff in Linux - if you want to program an
ARM CPU it's hard to beat the
STDiscovery for $14.87
http://www.mouser.com/knowledge/stmicroelectronics/stm32f4discovery/   )

john mitchell
(I'm playing with a TI CortexM3 at the moment)