[TriLUG] Griping about Time-Warner outage

Matt Flyer matt at noway2.thruhere.net
Wed Aug 1 11:26:49 EDT 2012

In addition to using the link, I also filed a complaint/help ticket because of the problems it was causing.  I said that their DNS should comply with standards and return NXDOMAIN, not try to be helpful.  Certain Trilug signatures containing domain names would always trigger the search page response and cause the mail server to flag them with wild results.

As it is a GUI-less server, browser cookies wouldn't work.

The answer for me was to temporarily not use TWC DNS as a forwarder.