[TriLUG] Griping about Time-Warner outage

Sean Alexandre sean864 at pobox.com
Wed Aug 1 16:10:59 EDT 2012

On Wed, 01 Aug 2012 14:04:59 -0400
"Lance A. Brown" <lance at bearcircle.net> wrote:

> I've had these in my routers DNS settings for quite some time now,
> and I still get that damned RoadRunner website suggestions page
> occasionally.  Makes me wonder if RR is running a transparent http
> proxy.

This could be what you're seeing:
How to Stop Your ISP from Hijacking Your DNS Servers
http://hackercodex.com/guide/how-to-stop-isp-dns-server-hijacking/

That site seems to be down right now. Here's the Google cache of the
page:
https://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?hl=en&output=search&sclient=psy-ab&q=cache:zxYbUqAvwL0J:http://hackercodex.com/guide/how-to-stop-isp-dns-server-hijacking/%2Bhow+to+Stop+Your+ISP+from+Hijacking+Your+DNS+Servers&gbv=1&sei=RIwZUK3xJ6Xf4QTeuIGgBA&ct=clnk