[TriLUG] OT - need a good local place to shred a lot of documentsin Durham

Greg Brown gwbrown1 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 8 09:47:52 EDT 2012

I'm not sure if the barrel still exists but it was a good one.
 Had ax holes in the bottom and round holes above that to support a mesh of
rebar above that to support the starter (small stick).  Light the sticks
and dump the paper stuff in while it burns.  Ash fell through the rebar
grate and could be taken out the bottom easily.  We never burned anything
but wood (and paper).

There's no throughtcrime in a proper burnin' barrel.  I wouldn't have one
in the city for obvious reasons but country living is different.  We
produce less CO2 per square mile by a long shot.

Thanks for the shredding suggestions!  I'll take a look at the big home
shredder option.  I'm pretty big on shredding anything that has any person
information on it (I'm kind of paranoid that way).

Greg