[TriLUG] OT - need a good local place to shred a lot of documentsin Durham

Greg Brown gwbrown1 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 8 14:20:24 EDT 2012

More laws here (specifically about barbells):

http://daq.state.nc.us/news/brochures/openbur.shtml

Odd, really.  In Dare County they say it's perfectly fine to build a big
bonfire on the beach as long as it is below the high tide line regardless
of the time of night.  The link above says otherwise for any bonfire
statewide.  Sounds like another case of one hand not knowing what the other
is doing, in short, government as it's most normal.

I suppose a chiminea is illegal too, as long as it's burning something that
wasn't less than six inches in diameter and cut down on the property in
question and burned during the hours of 8 am and 6 pm while nothing was
added past 6 pm.

Everyone seems to pay attention to that law on cool fall evenings I can
assure you.  Whatever.

So, fine, no more barrel (which I don't even own let alone want).

Greg