[TriLUG] BlueTooth dongle purchase

Joseph S. Tate dragonstrider at gmail.com
Fri Aug 10 21:06:01 EDT 2012

My problem with BlueTooth seems to be the PAN support.  If I drop to
the command line, I can connect, but only if Network Mangler is
disabled.  I do seem to be able to connect to transfer files just fine
though.

On Fri, Aug 10, 2012 at 7:29 PM, Danielle White <Danielle at whitrel.com> wrote:
> On 08/10/2012 01:32 PM, William Sutton wrote:
>>
>> tether to your cell phone for internet connectivity?
>

> That's what I do when I'm on-call; I refuse to let on-call mean having no
> life so I carry an old AspireOne netbook (running Windows as it's my
> partner's and she's said "no" to Linux on it) with a low-profile BlueTooth
> dongle that I usually leave in the port. When I receive a page, if there is
> WiFi I'll use that, otherwise I'll BT tether to my work-provided smartphone,
> establish the VPN connection, and do what I need to address the issue. I
> should be able to not keep a dongle for that; the laptop my workplace is
> providing for me will include a BT adapter.
>
> Danielle...doesn't mind on-call when it's compensated. :)
>
> --
> This message was sent to: Joseph Tate <dragonstrider at gmail.com>

Joseph Tate
Personal e-mail: jtate AT dragonstrider DOT com
Web: http://www.dragonstrider.com