[TriLUG] OT: Conductive Paint Pen

David Burton ncdave4life at gmail.com
Sat Aug 11 16:46:38 EDT 2012

I agree w/ Alexey, if it's a copper trace: solder it.

Some years ago I had Palm Treo phone (I think it was my oft-repaired Palm
Treo 300 <http://www.burtonsys.com/treofix.html>) on which the keyboard
failed, and I found that the culprit was a cracked trace... but those
traces aren't copper, they're some kind of conductive plastic.  So I bought
a little vile of conductive paint, and fixed it.

It worked great for a while.  Unfortunately, the fix only lasted about 6
months, and then it needed to be fixed again.  Six months after that, it
needed to be fixed *again.

*So if you can solder it, that's better.

Dave