[TriLUG] BlueTooth dongle purchase

Joseph Mack NA3T jmack at wm7d.net
Sat Aug 11 17:33:05 EDT 2012

On Sat, 11 Aug 2012, Steve Litt wrote:

> I have a Walmart "Straight Talk" cellphone. For $45/month
> I get unlimited talk and text, and *I think* data too.

Let us know if you do. In the '90's anyone could use their
cell phone for data; it was just a serial port. Then the
cell phone companies spent years figuring out how to
separate data and speech, so that they could charge
separately for them. Now with these technological
improvements inplace, you can't use your cell phone for
data anymore. You need a separate account/plan now.

Joe