[TriLUG] Fwd: Organize a Debian Birthday party in your city

Joseph Mack NA3T jmack at wm7d.net
Tue Aug 14 18:24:26 EDT 2012

On Tue, 14 Aug 2012, John Mitchell wrote:

>>> Has anyone in the club been using Linux for 19yrs?
>>

>   My Yggdrasil Floppy & CD are the Fall 1993 set.
>
> :)

you beat me by a year.

I downloaded the 21 (or 23) floppies but didn't understand
the incantations required for the install. Justis did. I had
to wait till someone showed it to me working on a laptop
(probably '92). It wasn't till quite a lot later ('94) that
I got SLS working with the help of a friend, after talking
to a ham at a ham radio conference.

Joe