[TriLUG] Fwd: Organize a Debian Birthday party in your city

Bill Farrow bill at arrowsreach.com
Tue Aug 14 18:58:05 EDT 2012

On Tue, Aug 14, 2012 at 6:24 PM, Joseph Mack NA3T <jmack at wm7d.net> wrote:
>>   My Yggdrasil Floppy & CD are the Fall 1993 set.

I bought my first 486 whitebox PC in 1993 to play Doom and run Linux.
Installing from 20+ floppies was a pain, especially when one or more
floppies were bad, requiring a trip back to the comp-sci lab to
re-write the bad floppy image.  Oh, and installing X was another 30
floppies.  Having my own X Workstation at home was priceless.

I think switched to debian in 1996 or 1997 - and I made it through the
glibc transition in 1998.  Whew.

Bill