[TriLUG] BlueTooth dongle purchase

Joseph Mack NA3T jmack at wm7d.net
Tue Aug 14 20:36:59 EDT 2012

On Tue, 14 Aug 2012, Bill Farrow wrote:

Thanks for finding this info.

>> 3.  What software should people download and install
>> before attending the workshop ?  Do you have a
>> recommended guide for bluetooth under linux ?
>
> I have a live linux DVD we can boot from or use in
> VirtualBox/VMware. It is a customized version of Backtrack
> linux (which is based on Ubuntu 10.04)

I remember this now from CarolinaCon. The only way you could
get their BlueTooth to work was to boot up on their distro.
They didn't have anything you could build and run on your
own distro. This is why I didn't pursue the matter. I
decided to wait till the source files etc were available and
I could built it myself.

Bill,
 	Do they have source files etc for their customised
version of Backtrack linux?

Joe