[TriLUG] 4TB GPT Disk fails to Mount with Tomato 2.6.22.19 Kernel

Alan Sterger asterger at earthlink.net
Wed Aug 15 13:24:20 EDT 2012

Jack,

You are the second guy recommending OpenWRT.  First recommendation was
from a guy at linksysinfo.org thinking OpenWRT's newer 3.x kernel would
understand GPT and 4096 sectors better.  I have looked at
http://wiki.openwrt.org/toh/linksys/e3000.  Do you run OpenWRT?  Size of
the BCM47xxx image looks significantly smaller than Tomato.  I've
bricked a couple of routers (using Tomato) so I would be apprehensive
Also not eager to compile anything.

Matthew,

Been all over rodsbooks.com, used gdisk as well.  Results seem different
when the disk is scanned by gparted and/or Partition Wizard.  GPT seems
to be somewhat inconsistent at the moment IMO.

Cheers,

-- Alan Sterger