[TriLUG] Looking to beef up my spam blocking efforts

Jim Ray jim at neuse.net
Wed Sep 12 09:48:02 EDT 2012

Try SSL VPN.

Regards,

Jim Ray, President
Neuse River Networks
2 Davis Drive, PO Box 13169
Research Triangle Park, NC 27709
919-838-1672 x100
www.NeuseRiverNetworks.com

-----Original Message-----
From: trilug-bounces at trilug.org [mailto:trilug-bounces at trilug.org] On
Behalf Of Liyun Yu
Sent: Wednesday, September 12, 2012 12:19 AM
To: Triangle Linux Users Group General Discussion
Subject: Re: [TriLUG] Looking to beef up my spam blocking efforts

Hi, Jim,

That might be true - he tried a unique port 9828.
The port 8080 did not work either.
The ADSL is a residential grade therefore they might blocking any video
attempts.

Thanks!

Liyun

On 9/12/12 12:15 AM, Jim Ray wrote:
> Liyun,
>
> If ADSL is not commercial grade, ISP may block http server for video
on port 80.  Try port 8080?

> We use the Axis product line. Others may/may not work the same way.
>
> Best regards,
>
> Jim
>
> Sent from my iPad
>
> On Sep 12, 2012, at 12:01 AM, "Liyun Yu" <liyunyu at med.unc.edu> wrote:
>
>> Hi, Jim,
>>
>> How are you?
>>
>> This is Liyun. I have a question about surveillance camera system
>> networking - one of my colleagues had a system installed but did not
>> know how to configure it to allow them using
>> iphone client to see the live camera remotely.   They are using
>> ADSL modem with a phone company to get to Internet and the ADSL modem

>> is also configured as a local Wireless DHCP server.
>> I thought you might know how this worked?
>> Maybe some pointers or URL links to some guidance documentations?
>> I thought they should add an internal router and configure the Modem
>> Router to be switch mode but I am not sure.
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> Liyun
>>

>> On 9/11/12 8:54 PM, Jim Ray wrote:
>>> I currently use Sophos and recently replaced Barracuda. Both
products work well.

>>> Sent from my iPad

efforts.  I ran across the "Anti-Spam SMTP Proxy Server" project
(http://sourceforge.net/projects/assp/) and it has peeked my curiosity.
Do any of you have experience with this (or other similar) tools?

actual MTA (not run 2 daemons on one server).

http://www.trilug.org/mailman/options/trilug/jim%40neuse.net
http://www.trilug.org/wiki/Frequently_Asked_Questions