[TriLUG] bluetooth mouse goes unconcious if you walk away

Joseph Mack NA3T jmack at wm7d.net
Sun Sep 16 17:38:35 EDT 2012

As a result of yesterday's bt w/s I now have bt mouse on my
desktop.

When you walk away, the mouse disconnects eventually (on
reading forums, this is called "parking"). Shaking the mouse
doesn't unlock the screen. You have to use a real mouse to
activate the screen and then you have to search for the
mouse with

hidd -s

Just pressing the pairing button on the mouse doesn't do it.

Looking with google, I find lots of people who have had
unparking work previously, but it stopped for no reason they
could think of, or it stopped when they upgraded their
distro. No-one has solutions (that I could find).

My first question is then

"is it even mathematically possible for a parked mouse to
reconnect without intervention by the desktop?"

Presumably if this is possible, then windows will be doing
it, but I haven't looked.

If this is possible, does anyone know what to do?

Thanks
Joe