[TriLUG] bluetooth mouse goes unconcious if you walk away

Joseph Mack NA3T jmack at wm7d.net
Mon Sep 17 17:34:39 EDT 2012

On Mon, 17 Sep 2012, Bill Farrow wrote:

> Joe,
> Have you tried running the hidd daemon util in server mode ?

Hot damn. It works. It's better than windows :-)

I tried server mode at the w/s on satuday, expecting it
would find the hid, but it didn't. You then suggested hidd
--search, which found the hid.

I thought I was home at that stage, but I hadn't thought
about the mouse parking. Not knowing what server mode was
about, and with the mouse appearing to work, I forgot all
about server mode.

> Maybe it keeps track of paired hid devices when they come
> and go.  It does not make sense to have to manually
> re-connect to the BT mouse every time it wakes up.

yes, but that doesn't mean they've figured out how to do it
yet.

When the bt mouse is moved (to wake it up), what does it do
that the hidd is listening for? I take it that it doesn't
have to be paired again.

Thanks
Joe