[TriLUG] a little morning humor

Joseph Mack NA3T jmack at wm7d.net
Tue Sep 18 18:21:23 EDT 2012

On Tue, 18 Sep 2012, Igor Partola wrote:

> "I have the solution, but it only works in the case of
> spherical cows in a vacuum."

I have a book called "Consider a Spherical Chicken". It's a
series of real world problems like Igor's dairy cows.

sample: you're driving at 60mph on a 2 lane road in Nebraska
(or anywhere) and you notice jackrabbit roadkill at a
density of 1 jackrabbit/mile. You pass an average of one
car/mile coming in the opposite direction. What is the
density of jackrabbits in the adjacent prarie?

The idea is not to get an exact answer but a reasonable one
in a relatively short time.

Joe