[TriLUG] Bluetooth after U10.04 > D6.0.5

Alan Porter porter at trilug.org
Sat Sep 29 22:36:54 EDT 2012

> what is the agent? my bt mouse won't unpark if I walk away
> from it.

At first, I was running /usr/share/docs/bluez/examples/simple-agent.py, but then I switched to using bluetooth-agent (which is also part of the bluez package).  I am not entirely sure whether I need to run this once or every time, but I now have my garage door monitor starting up on reboot (since I want to run it as a normal user, I fire it up in my user's crontab using the "@reboot" keyword).

Alan