[TriLUG] Java and Struts and HTTP

Brian McCullough bdmc at buadh-brath.com
Thu Oct 11 17:33:54 EDT 2012

On Thu, Oct 11, 2012 at 04:16:52PM -0400, Chris Merrill wrote:
> On 10/11/2012 4:05 PM, Brian McCullough wrote:
> > That is exactly what I suspected, but couldn't find anything that told
> > me that definitely.
> >
> > I need to find the same version of server.jar as my existing JDK, etc.,
> > don't I?
>
> That is advisable, though various version may or may not work...depending.  I'd just find the right
> version and avoid any unnecessary headaches.

Maybe I'm being dense, Chris.

I have gone back to the Java site ( Oracle, of course ), and following
the path to J2EE SDK Downloads, I can only find one version, the latest.

OK, so I downloaded it, totally instruction-free.  Growl.  There appear
to be two different files that are not Windows, but no idea what the
differences are.

I downloaded both, ran the shell file ( Glassfish installer ), told it to use a "new" directory", and it told me that it was successful.  ( I have done this before on this -- my own machine )

When I search the "new directory," I don't find anything that looks like
"server.jar."

Just for fun, I went back to my regular directories, openjdk, but don't
find anything that looks like server.jar, either.

Obviously, I don't spend my life in Java, but I have been able to make
code changes and maintain code that I inherited, before.

Brian