[TriLUG] Why Linux For Me

Grawburg grawburg at myglnc.com
Mon Oct 29 14:05:05 EDT 2012

I currently use OS/2 and Windows XP.
Windows is used only for Excel (I do contract work for a single client), writing ladder-logic programs for PLC's,
Skype, and loading MP3s to my player.
I'm retired and do some work at a local museum and must use their Windows machines.

I use OS/2 because I have a client who has it installed at his business, AND because I don't want to use Windows.
I use Lotus WordPro and Lotus Approach (OS/2 and Windows) for the majority of my personal work. Although I sometimes
use Open Office/Libra Office for small word processing projects. I do not want to stop using either of the Lotus
products.

I do not play games.
I do surf the Internet and have a small blog (unrelated to computers).

I wonder, what might Linux give me that I don't already have...other than not being Microsoft?

Thanks,
Brian Grawburg
Wilson