[TriLUG] Why Linux For Me

Jeremy Davis jeremydavis at jeremydavis.biz
Mon Oct 29 22:04:32 EDT 2012

Linux Mint is very intuitive to learn if you are used to XP. Getting
used to Vista was quite painful for many that were used to XP.

Linux Mint has VirtualBox in the software repository (with about 50000
other free programs), so it can be installed with a few clicks. Then
you can create all the virtual computers you like and install various
operating systems, to include XP, probably OS/2, and as many Linux
distros as you like. You can even copy/paste the virtual computers, so
you could have 5 virtual computers running XP with all your favorite
settings. If you have the cash, Intel i3,i5, or i7 processors work
really well with virtual machines allowing you to run multiple VMs at
once seamlessly.

You will get a lot of web design tools to work on your blog with. Not
to mention commercial grade free open source software for photo,
audio, and video editing.

I wrote an article about it here for more beneficial references
http://ncnga.org/2012/02/25/free-software-that-is-really-free-it-is-called-open-source/