[TriLUG] Why Linux For Me

Jeremy Davis jeremydavis at jeremydavis.biz
Mon Oct 29 23:56:31 EDT 2012

My experience has been that Microsoft products and the surrounding
ecosystem are unsustainable for productivity due to their business
model. Also, I have never been able to accomplish anything business
related on a Mac. I have purchased nearly every Apple product out
there, mesmerized by the marketing. All of my Apple products have had
frustrating software glitches, hardware quality issues, and short life
spans.

The only thing that seems to work for me is Linux. It just works and
it seems to be the most sustainable option for the sort of things I
do. If you spend a lot of time on the web, the Linux experience is
untouchable. This is my opinion, however, more than that, it is the
source of gratitude that compels me to serve the Linux community. It
is just that awesome.