[TriLUG] SparcStation 5 looking for happy home

Kevin Otte nivex at nivex.net
Tue Oct 30 13:35:30 EDT 2012

I have recently come into possession of a SparcStation 5 and various
supporting hardware. I have powered it up and gotten serial data from
the boot PROM. I was going to install Debian on it, but found that they
stopped supporting 32-bit SPARC two versions ago. A cursory search finds
that the only current OS one would be able to load onto it would be
NetBSD. That is about the extent of the time I have to spend on it.

If you are interested in adding this piece to your living computer
museum, feel free to make arrangements to pick it up from me in
Hillsborough. I might also be persuaded to bring it to the next meeting
if that would work for the interested party.

-- Kevin