[TriLUG] Codeweavers Crossover Linux & Mac free on 10/31/12.

Bill Farrow bill at arrowsreach.com
Thu Nov 1 11:47:00 EDT 2012

Well,
I remember the wasted days spent re-formatting requirement
specification documents written in MS Word.  My senior manager
repeatedly managed to mess the whole thing up.  I have no idea how he
was able to consistently destroy all reference fields in the document
and screw up the pre-defined paragraph styles - and he was using the
same "company standard" software on his desktop.  Then again, he
printed his emails out so he could file them :-)

Requiring a second computer on my desk just to read and edit documents
and email is a huge impediment to my productivity.  It was such a
relief to start working for a company that used OpenOffice/LibreOffice
and didn't care what OS I ran to do my work.

Bill