[TriLUG] sideload Republic Wireless?

Brandon Van Every bvanevery at gmail.com
Tue Nov 6 15:18:17 EST 2012

On Tue, Nov 6, 2012 at 1:12 PM, Reginald Reed <reginald.reed at gmail.com>wrote:

> Sideloading is installing an application directly from a file, not from an
> app store.

I find something inherently disgusting that terminology has arisen for
this.  The Walled Gardens are mentally colonizing people's expectations of
how applications are deployed and used.  "Installing an app" now has to be
something complicated, with FUD, if you don't receive the app from the
correct stream.  I hope this is just techie terminology, so that I can say
to techies, stop polluting everyone's minds with such rubbish.

Cheers,
Brandon Van Every