[TriLUG] this is a serious question - how to detect things in photos with Linux

Brandon Van Every bvanevery at gmail.com
Sun Dec 9 08:25:34 EST 2012

On Fri, Dec 7, 2012 at 10:55 PM, Greg Brown <gwbrown1 at gmail.com> wrote:

> But that said, being as this will be an automated process and people are
> people I need to come up with a way to detect boobs, butts and junk (yes,
> I'm serious) to filter and objectionable pictures before they are uploaded.

What, why??  If only they can access the material, what does it matter what
they choose to photograph?  Let's assume you're not sending photos directly
to their own sites, and instead are repositing them on your own server at
least temporarily.  Just encrypt their accounts.  Make sure they're the
only ones who can access their photos.  A paper receipt should work fine
for that.  You should not be making anyone's photos available to the
general public by default anyways.

Cheers,
Brandon Van Every