[TriLUG] TWC DVR & Modem Recommendations

Craig Cook cncook001 at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 17 13:38:18 EST 2012

> For me, MythTV works best for the ability to use it on any linux
> maching in the house (laptops) and for commercial auto-skip.  Not
> knowing what I'm supposed to watch and purchase or ask my doctor about
> is worth every penny.

I am a happy mythtv user.  But... you will not get most digital content from TWC using mythtv.  You will get the "local" broadcast channels, but not the higher digital ones, like HD USA, etc

There are ways to get <all> the content from your cable box into myth, but it is not straight forward.

Also, mythtv is license free, but certainly not free in terms of your time to mess with it.

If you want all digital content, windows media center with a cable card tuner may work. <ducks, starts running away>

Craig