[TriLUG] TWC DVR & Modem Recommendations

Reed, Reginald Reginald.Reed at emc.com
Tue Dec 18 11:43:39 EST 2012

I won't duck - I nuked my TWC DVRs with Windows Media Center, a Ceton quad cable card tuner, an XBOX 360 and 3 Linksys Media Center Extenders over 2 years ago.  I can record and playback any of the content I pay for on the WMC or it's extenders.  Non-protected content can be played anywhere.  The system isn't perfect, but I pretty much treat it like any other embedded system as much as possible.  The WMC PC has no other task but running WMC.  Not paying for the DVRs and fees associated with them, my setup has already paid for itself in full, including the new Dell PC and Linksys MCEs.  I'm in the "bonus" now.