[TriLUG] TWC DVR & Modem Recommendations

Boggs, Ted tboggs at mcclatchyinteractive.com
Wed Dec 19 10:46:05 EST 2012

On Sun, Dec 16, 2012 at 10:40 PM, Matt Pusateri
<mpusateri at wickedtrails.com>wrote:

> You can buy a Tivo that supports a cable card, and then ask TWC for a
> cable card and you can replace their DVR that way.

I've tried Tivo with TWC cable card several times (usually after a Tivo
update that "fixes cable card issues"), and I have found it to be no more
reliable than the Navigator-based DVRs TWC supplies.  I am sure Tivo OTA or
on Fios is great, but the combination of Tivo, TWC, and Cable Cards seems
mediocre at best.

I have gone back to Dish recently, and the quality of the overall product
is far superior to what I had with TWC, so my vote is to check out Dish or
DirecTV, who I also had generally good experience with in the past, but I
would stick with TWC for Internet.

-Ted