[TriLUG] LOPSA

Craig Cook cncook001 at yahoo.com
Sun Dec 23 12:33:19 EST 2012

>> I don't know how many of you are familiar with LOPSA, but I promised
>> @standaloneSA I'd post it here so I'm fulfilling my end of the
>> bargain.
>
>He certainly is a tireless advocate of the organization! An affiliation
>here would be interesting to me. I was part of a group who took the
>first steps to organize a chapter in Scranton, PA, years ago, but job
>changes put an end to that effort - everyone involved in the organizing
>moved out of the state within a year.
>
>I've been a member of LOPSA for over 7 years and attended one of the
>conferences they ran (LOPSA Sysadmin Days in Cherry Hill, NJ, 2007.)
>They run LOPSA-EAST (formerly PICC) in NJ; an annual two-day conference
>held in the spring, though schedule conflicts have kept me away i.e. the
>2013 conference is the weekend before I go on leave for six weeks.

I was at LISA12 as well.  I met with Ski who apparently said the same thing as Matt.  I told Ski we already had a sys admin group in the area that has been around for many years.

I am working with Ski to get the North Carolina Sys Admin group to join LOPSA (well, I am clarifying what is involved, before presenting it to the committee)

If you are not on our mailing list, please join.  No costs involved.

Our group has not met the last few months, but we have found a new location and are starting again in Jan.

Craig
NC*SA Chair