[TriLUG] Dear lazyweb^WTriLUG, Laptop suggestions?

Igor Partola igor at igorpartola.com
Thu Jan 3 15:17:38 EST 2013

> So please, someone tell me that somewhere, someone actually does run
Linux on a laptop and that they get 6+ hours of battery life.

Alan, I have never seen 6+ hours, but my current laptop (Dell E6400) gets
2+ hours easily, and my netbook does 3 hours, assuming I don't do anything
with Flash. Both of these have extended batteries.

This is strictly inferior to a MacBook Pro I used to use which did 4 hours
pretty reliably. I believe if you go with the MacBook Air, you can get
close to 6 or 7, though I've never owned one.

Then again, perhaps a Raspberry Pi laptop is what you seek...

Igor