[TriLUG] Dear lazyweb^WTriLUG, Laptop suggestions?

Jeff Schornick jeff at schornick.org
Sat Jan 5 21:47:47 EST 2013

On Sat, Jan 5, 2013 at 8:17 PM, William Sutton <william at trilug.org> wrote:
> Being a user, even a lover, of Apple products does not make one a dupe. Many
> of us have found OSX pleasant to use since it is UNIX-based

I certainly don't believe it was Jeremy's intent to rag on those who
have chosen Apple, and I certainly meant nothing disparaging by
offering an alternative to the Macbook Air.  In fact, it is *because*
the MBA is such a competitive machine that I was excited to discover
that quality alternatives now exist in the market.

I'll gladly weigh in about why I'd rather not give Apple any more
money in a separate thread, as not to further derail one about sweet
laptops that run Linux.

 - Jeff