[TriLUG] Dear lazyweb^WTriLUG, Laptop suggestions?

William Sutton william at trilug.org
Sat Jan 5 22:13:06 EST 2013

Oh, Apple certainly charges a hefty premium...I won't argue that.  But
given the choice between paying them for a MacBook Pro or having to
install, configure, update, reconfigure, and sometimes reinstall and
re-reconfigure a Linux laptop because someone broke an upgrade dependency
(like Gentoo did for my box at work...)...well, at some point all I want
to do when I get home is enjoy non-computer things :-)

William Sutton
(user of *NIX since 1998 or so:  Red Hat 4.2 through 9, RHEL 2.x, 3.x,
Debian, Gentoo, Solaris, HP-UX, AIX, FreeBSD)