[TriLUG] For-profit alternative to Raspberry Pi

Pete Soper pete at soper.us
Fri Jan 11 17:28:39 EST 2013

Here's the system offered by the Bulgarian firm I mentioned last night:

    https://www.olimex.com/Products/OLinuXino/A13/A13-OLinuXino/

I'm sorry I mentioned this. As with the OLPC discussion, I spoke past my
relative expertise, as I couldn't even remember "A13-OlinuXino" and it
was silly to jump off topic (and sorry for saying "damn" in front of the
kids!)

But it might be useful to point to the article most folks used to
discover this board. It correctly points out that RPi is not magic, but
rather a particularly successful part of a trend. But IMO the folks
behind RPi have fundamentally different motivation. Time will tell.

http://www.pcworld.com/article/2013622/tiny-57-pc-is-like-the-raspberry-pi-but-faster-and-fully-open.html

Regards,
Pete