[TriLUG] Debian Issues

Grawburg grawburg at myglnc.com
Thu Jan 24 14:06:23 EST 2013

Folks,

I have installed and reinstalled Debian 5 times! Each time I VERY CAREFULLY wrote down the root password. Since I am the only person who will be using this computer I picked an easy one: bguser.

I am at a login prompt: I type root and wait to be asked for the password prompt. I VERY CAREFULLY type in bguser and get...Authentication Failed.

I am about to throw something across the room!

What is going on?

Brian Grawburg
Wilson

--
Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to living creatures cannot be a good man. (Arthur Schopenhauer)